Toddington is situated near the western slope of the Cotswold Hills surrounded by Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and landscapes of Special Value. It is located approx 20 km north-east of Cheltenham with a population of around 400 people. The history of the village goes right back to 1086. The Domesday Book makes reference to evidence of an early settlement in and around Toddington with a population of 130 people.
There are two main original parts to the village: “Church Lane” near the church and “New Town” at the crossing of the B4077 and B4632 roads. The village has developed over the years and covers a wider range of facilities, housing and farms and businesses. The village, has a large church, St. Andrew’s which contains the marble tombs of local nobility, the Tracy family, who variously lived at Sudeley Castle, Hailes Abbey and Toddington Manor.
The area is mainly farming country looking out to glorious hills. Much of the area around Church Lane is designated a listed Historic Garden Area and the area to the north of the B4077 sits in the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Beauty. The land to the south of the B4077 is designated a Special Landscape Area. Toddington Manor which lies between New Town and Church Lane, and was bought by the Turner Prize-winning artist Damien Hirst in 2005.
The present day village has many thriving societies and clubs, most of which meet in the award winning village hall. Details can be found on the village hall website in the local information.
The active Parish Council has five members, who are dedicated to maintaining the natural beauty of the Parish, having input on planning development, affordable housing, planning for emergencies and self-help, highway and traffic matters etc. We welcome comments and input from members of the parish at our regular parish meetings and are available at other times via the contact details.